However, for any community to function effectively; they must work out how to reach agreements, handle conflict, hear one another, be clear and efficient in their exchanges, and generally be responsive to others in their spheres of influence.
Who is the program for? This training is critical for any business person who works cross-functionally, is involved in meetings with varying seniority or technical levels in an organization, interacts with teams dealing with difficult or challenging issues, or wants to enhance their ability to engage in almost any form of interaction skillfully. Your business effectiveness and personal sanity may depend on it how you show up in these situations!
Participants will learn how to:
- Skillfully communicate with a difficult person or group
- Raise and address any highly charged issue
- Use a balanced model for structuring a difficult conversation
- Soften deeply entrenched points of view
- Demonstrate good listening – whether in conflict or not!
- Use a powerful 3 step ART model to handle challenging questions
- Defuse hostility when possible, and minimize defensiveness
- Apply a simple listener analysis tool to sensitize yourself to other’s perspectives
- Command the 5 channels of expression that affect conflict outcomes
- Reduce stress associated with challenging interactions
- Create a compelling, structured, and persuasive case when necessary
- Keep conversations positive and forward-moving
Designed to produce lasting behavior change:
- 1-Day Program with 20 max participants
- Each skill/tool is practiced with video feedback, and built upon prior learned skills
- The practices are applied to a variety of relevant real-life scenarios
- Experiential, highly interactive, fun, and broadly applicable tools and principles
- 5 critical communication areas covered: 1) the structure of your communication, 2) your physical behaviors, 3) how you listen, 4) what you say, 5) how you demonstrate understanding and empathy